- In Index Card app, Tap Settings (gear icon) > Backup All Projects
- Select your destination, either iTunes or Dropbox. Note that only one backup per day will be kept
- Once export completes, you will see a file named IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY.indexcard_zip at the destination you selected. (MM represents numeric month, DD is day. YYYY is year.)
Restoring a Project from Backup
You can restore individual projects from a backup archive.
- Locate the backup file on your computer, via iTunes File Sharing or Dropbox. the file will be named IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY.indexcard_zip.
- Change the file extension from “.indexcard_zip” to “.zip”. The resulting file name will look like "IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY.zip
- Use a file extraction application to unzip the file and display it’s contents. On most computers, you can simple double click the file. You should see a folder titled IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY, containing all your exported projects.
- Locate the .indexcard project file you wish to restore. You can use Dropbox, iTunes File Sharing, or Mail.
- Select the .indexcard project file in the iPad Dropbox app. Tap the sharing button (box with arrow pointing up). Select Open In. Tap the Index Card icon. Index Card app should launch and import the project. OR
- Drag the .indexcard project file to the /IndexCard folder in Dropbox. Launch Index Card app and tap the Projects button. Tap the Dropbox icon at the bottom of the projects list. Select the .indexcard project file you want to import.
iTunes File Sharing
Drag the .indexcard project file to the Index Card Documents window in iTunes. Launch Index Card app and tap the Projects button. Tap the iTunes icon at the bottom of the projects list. Select the .indexcard project file you want to import.
Mail the .indexcard project file to your iPad as an attachment. In the iPad Mail app, select the .indexcard project file attachment. An Open In pop dialog will appear. Tap the Index Card icon. Index Card app should launch and import the project.