Migrating your projects from Index Card v3.5 to Index Card 4 is designed to be quick and painless. To transfer all of your projects, follow the instructions in Migrating Projects from Index Card v3.5 to v4.
If you wish to import individual projects into Index Card 4, just import the .indexcard projects. Index Card v4 knows what to do with them.
If you need to get individual projects out of an Index Card backup file, follow the instructions below:
Importing Individual Projects from a Backup File
You can import individual projects from a backup archive.
- Locate the backup file on your computer, via iTunes File Sharing or Dropbox. The file will be named IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY.indexcard_zip. (MM represents numeric month, DD is day. YYYY is year the backup was created)
- Change the file extension from “.indexcard_zip” to “.zip”. The resulting file name will look like "IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY.zip
- Use a file extraction application to unzip the file and display it’s contents. On most computers, you can simple double click the file. You should see a folder titled IndexCardBackup-MMDDYYYY, containing all your exported projects. If you run into an issue where double-clicking the file results in a CPGZ file, rather than a folder, try using a free extraction app called The Unarchiver, or check out this OS X Daily article.
- Locate the .indexcard project file(s) you wish to restore. You can use Dropbox, iTunes File Sharing, or Mail.
- Select the .indexcard project file in the iPad Dropbox app. Tap the sharing button (box with arrow pointing up). Select Open In. Tap the Index Card 4 icon. Index Card 4 app should launch and import the project. OR
- Drag one or more .indexcard project files to the /IndexCard folder in Dropbox. Launch Index Card 4 app and tap the Projects button. Tap the Dropbox icon at the bottom of the projects list. Select the .indexcard project files you want to import.