Here’s the status of including images in file export as of Index Card v4.0 (note that you need to flip the Images switch ON, found on the export screen):
- TXT: No images. This is a limitation of the TXT file format.
- RTF: Index Card can include images in export, but Apple apps (Pages, TextEdit) don’t support display of images in an RTF file. You’ll need to open the file in Word, or on a Windows computer to see the images.
- 3-Card PDF: Can include image on card, or synopsis. Not both.
- PDF Document: Doesn’t currently offer image as part of export. I plan to address this in future release.
- INDEXCARD: No images. This is a limitation of the file spec.
- NDXCRD: Yes.
- OPML: No images. This is a limitation of the file spec.
- SCRIV: Images not included in export.