Index Card v4.1 allows you to import TXT files. This will take a standard plain text file and allow you to supply a character sequence (such as “###”) which will be used to split the document into cards.
You can import from Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing by tapping the Projects button on the main NavBar and then the Dropbox or iTunes icon to display a list of file that are available from import.
Settings (gear icon on NavBar) > Import Separator: Type in the separator that you would like to be used in the text to define cards. The defaults is "###".
Any line in the document that contains only the text entered into this box will be removed from the file and used to identify the end of one card, and the start of another.
* TXT file import creates a new project
* TXT file name becomes project name
* Import Separator indicates where TXT should be split into cards
* The first line of text (before a line break) becomes the card title
* Remaining text becomes card body